What is the Global Learning Programme?
The Global Learning Programme (GLP) is building a national network of like-minded schools, committed to equipping their pupils to make a positive contribution to a globalised world by helping their teachers to deliver effective teaching and learning about development and global issues at Key Stages 2 and 3.
By giving schools the tools to embed global learning into teaching across the curriculum, the GLP is helping schools to:
- meet Ofsted requirements
- promote SMSC
- prepare pupils for modern life in Britain by promoting values such as empathy, fairness and respect
- develop and enhance enquiry and critical thinking skills
- improve pupil engagement
- deepen curriculum knowledge and understanding
- expand global awareness
- strengthen school ethos and values
- support teacher professional development.
Thousands of GLP schools across the country are already experiencing the positive impact that global learning can have on pupils’ engagement, knowledge, skills and values.
Registering for the GLP is free and only takes a few minutes. It gives schools access to a local school-led network offering free training sessions run by their local GLP Expert Centre and GLP Local Advisors, as well as:
- additional funding for CPD
- a self-evaluation tool that provides a personalised action plan
- curriculum and subject-specific guidance
- an abundance of free online resources
- the opportunity to link with local schools.
The GLP is being delivered by a team of organisations that make up the Development Education Consortium, along with contributions from a number of Subject Associations.
Register your school
Book your CPD