The GLP aims to create change and embed global learning on a whole-school level. Best practice evidence suggests this approach achieves the greatest global learning outcomes across the school and will support wider school improvement.
The GLP has developed a number of opportunities, tools and resources to help schools recognise where and how they can embed global learning more deeply as they move through the programme.
Next steps for Partner Schools
To help you get started on your GLP journey, we recommend that you:
- complete the Whole School Audit (our online self-evaluation tool), to help you establish your current practice and generate your personalised school action plan
- get access to your e-credit funding to redeem against specialist CPD from local and national training providers (this funding is accessed by completing the Whole School Audit)
- look at the information provided about the CPD options available to you
- share our information packs with your colleagues and SLT
- distribute a copy of our Get started with the GLP kits to your teaching colleagues
- make contact with your local network of GLP schools, via your local GLP Expert Centre (where established)
- get inspiration and ideas from the case studies provided from other schools on the GLP
- attend the four-term programme of free training and support provided by your local GLP Expert Centre
- become familiar with the subject-specific curriculum guidance and resources on the GLP and Global Dimension websites, including the GLP Curriculum Framework, which maps the resources by subject and key stage.
Get access to your e-credit funding
Book your CPD
Next steps for Expert Centres
If you’ve completed your Expert Centre verification and have attended the training, you will now be thinking about building and leading your own GLP network. You will find a wealth of support and resources by logging in to your GLP account and accessing the ‘My Expert Centre’ area. You can also contact your GLP Local Advisor for support.
Book your CPD
Expert Centre Support